Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lessons learned from Pinnochio

The other day while spending some time in worship & praise, I had this unique reflective image from a TV show I watch. In one of the episdoes, a modern twist on the tale Pinnochio resulted in him as a man in the real world, his purpose to protect this  unbelieving girl who would later save this town of unsuspecting fairytale characters. He failed his mission because of his apathy in attempting to bring the girl, Emma, to the truth,  and he became paralyzed by becoming wooden again, helpless to help her from the evil queen, once her eyes were opened and she realized the stories she'd been hearing were true.
Out of this image, my heart was struck with the "fear" of becoming wooden, in failing my purpose to help others believer, resulting in "woodening" or hardening my soul, because of my flippant apathy. This paralyzes my work and disregards my purpose. I pray I DON'T become this way!! Never let me become so apathetic that I completely stop pursuing my purpose and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment